My Body Confidence Journey: Day 15 - Tools to improve YOUR body confidence!
Today, I am going to re-rate my body confidence - which you need to watch the video for - and self-reflect on what I feel has gone well and what I feel I need to change.
The things that went well last week, and I plan to continue this week are:
- Using Finger Tapping – a form of EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique) - throughout the day. It has really helped me beat the feeling of self-consciousness as it has come up. A specific time I recall finger tapping really making a difference was when I was out walking the dog earlier in the week and it was really busy and sunny. I felt quite anxious (nowhere near as bad as before I started this journey, though), and finger tapping gave me the boost I needed.
- Listening to helpful thoughts! I am really enjoying listening to my playlist on the HappiMe app (link below). Some of the helpful thoughts on my playlist are:
♣ I sleep really well and wake up feeling energised.
♣ Everyday my body is getting healthier and healthier.
♣ I am happy with myself.
♣ I relax and enjoy my life.
♣ I am in control and I feel great.
♣ I am in control of my thoughts.
♣ I am happy and healthy.
♣ My body confidence is growing each day.
♣ I am learning to love my body.
♣ I feel good about the way I look.
- Meditation! I have been meditating every day, as you can probably tell, since I have shared different meditations in a few of last week’s videos! The same goes for mindfulness. I am really enjoying the ‘Grateful Me’ Mindful Me exercise on the HappiMe app, as this is a part guided, part independent audio. It talks you through a tried and tested breathing strategy, then allows you time (with meditative music) to practice gratitude. It’s only around 5 minutes long too!
- Interacting with you guys, as it has been really helpful (and I am learning a lot)… So, thank you!
Things I am planning to add and change this week are:
- Do more exercise! My cousin, Mitch, is coming over this week to put together a fitness plan for me to use regularly – I will let you know how that goes! I started introducing exercise back in week one, but it trailed off when I was ill last week. I think having a clear plan will help make sure I get back into it if anything gets in the way again.
- Practice gratitude more. As I mentioned in yesterday’s video, I am going to bring a guest in to my “In Car Confidence Chronicles” (what do you think of the new name?) to talk more about the power of gratitude… For now, though, I will be using gratitude as part of my evening routine.
There we go! That means that this week I will be practicing finger tapping and listening to my helpful thoughts throughout the day. I will also be completing a gratitude meditation or mindfulness exercise every evening/ before bed, alongside daily exercise when possible. Woohoo!!
Thank you all for your support so far… And seriously, well done if you have been making your own changes too. I am so proud of you!
Be proud. Be you.
Links: HappiMe Books – http://www.happi-me.org/happime-books... ‘
Anchoring Meditation’ by Drdoesalot – http://insig.ht/gm_29006
Insight Timer - https://insighttimer.com
‘Love Your Body Better’ Meditation by Louisa Tanner Munson - https://insig.ht/gm_25391
‘Feeling Enough, Confident and Loved’ by Gulmira Mamedova - http://insig.ht/gm_29043
‘Gratitude for this Body’ by BodyPositive.com – http://www.bodypositive.com/meditatio...
‘Body Language Tricks to Appear More Confident’ – http://uk.businessinsider.com/body-la...
Whoops, There It Goes Again: How to Stay Positive When the Bottom Keeps Dropping Out of Your World!’ by Jo Richings – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whoops-there...
Aly Sharp EFT – https:// http://www.alysharp.com/
Mitch Sharp Coaching – http://www.mitchsharp.com/
HappiTapping (EFT) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVTP...
HappiMe App (Apple) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happi...
HappiMe App (Android) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/de...
Our Website – https://www.happi-me.org
Insta, Twitter & FB: @HappiMeCoaching @HappiMeApp #HappiMeBodyConfidenceProject
Abby, our amazing