My Body Confidence Journey: Day 36 - What has improved my body confidence?
- I have continued to eat healthily, although I have been socialising more this week (which is great!) but that unfortunately means more food and drink. Since really working on my self-confidence, I have started to feel motivated to eat healthier and take better care of myself, which hasn’t changed – I just feel I need to find more balance with what activities we can do socially that don’t involve food! Any ideas are welcome…?
- I have exercised, although there have been days where it has just been too hot. I mentioned last week that I am being quite laid back with this goal, so I am not being too hard on myself!
- Mindfulness, EFT, meditation and listening to my helpful thoughts have continued. When I wake up in the morning, or when I go to bed at night, I look forward to listening to a new meditation as oppose to what’s on TV, which is definitely new for me!
- I have continued to communicate with people, and have enjoyed honest and open conversations about body image.
- I have been ‘Interrupting the Pattern’ more this week, and I have found that his has refocused me when it comes to consciously taking on board my helpful thoughts and letting go of the unhelpful ones.
- I have been using My Fitness Pal (I will film a video this week on this); which has really helped me see what I have been eating, how much I have been exercising and what my mood has been like.
What I am adding or changing:
- Find a bit more balance within my social life, in terms of activities that don’t involve food, coffee of alcohol.
- Continue with all of my goals above.
As you can see, my positives for the week just continue to get longer and longer. To me, this is a sign that the tools, strategies and the information I am learning (and sharing with you guys) is really making a major impact on my body confidence… So please take this on board. These videos are about supporting you whilst you look to make long-term change… This isn’t a quick fix. If you want to improve your body image and feel better about yourself for longer than just the few weeks willpower will work for, then this is the journey for you to watch, follow and learn from!
You are amazing. Remember that.
Thank you for watching.
Be proud. Be you.
HappiMe Books – http://www.happi-me.org/happime-books.html
My Fitness Pal - https://www.myfitnesspal.com/apps (for the app, just search “My Fitness Pal” in your App/ Play Store.
‘Anchoring Meditation’ by Drdoesalot – http://insig.ht/gm_29006
Insight Timer - https://insighttimer.com
‘Love Your Body Better’ Meditation by Louisa Tanner Munson - https://insig.ht/gm_25391
‘Feeling Enough, Confident and Loved’ by Gulmira Mamedova - http://insig.ht/gm_29043
‘Gratitude for this Body’ by BodyPositive.com – http://www.bodypositive.com/meditation_g.htm
‘Body Language Tricks to Appear More Confident’ – http://uk.businessinsider.com/body-language-tricks-appear-more-confident-2016-3
‘This Is Your Brain on Meditation’ by Rebecca Gladding M.D. – https://www.psychologytoday.com/gb/blog/use-your-mind-change-your-brain/201305/is-your-brain-meditation
‘Whoops, There It Goes Again: How to Stay Positive When the Bottom Keeps Dropping Out of Your World!’ by Jo Richings – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Whoops-there-goes-again-positive/dp/199991970X/ref=tmm_pap_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=
Aly Sharp EFT – https:// http://www.alysharp.com/
Mitch Sharp Coaching – http://www.mitchsharp.com/
HappiTapping (EFT) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVTPtQEVKA
HappiMe App (Apple) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happime-for-adults/id1245097456?mt=8
HappiMe App (Android) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happime.adults
Our Website – https://www.happi-me.org
Insta, Twitter & FB:
Abby, our amazing