My Body Confidence Journey: Day 8 - My confidence is improving because of these tools!
At the start of this journey, I would say my body confidence was close to zero… Watch my video to see where I rate my confidence now!
Things that have gone well so far:
- Filming these videos has definitely helped keep me accountable. So has communicating with my family and friends about how I’m really feeling.
- Using EFT has helped me let go of some of my negative beliefs and daily stresses (remember to look at the links below to learn how to use EFT and what it is!)
- Meditation has helped me tune out a little bit, and given me a chance to relax (as this process is mentally exhausting!) - which I definitely need in order to collect my thoughts and really recognise what I am saying to myself in relation to my body and appearance. I feel the same about practicing mindfulness.
- I really love the unhelpful thoughts exercise, as well as trying to be my own ‘Changing Room Buddy’. This has helped me turn the volume up on some of my negative thought patterns relating to my appearance.
LESSON 1: Spend time reflecting on your life and what you do to make you feel good. Do you do things daily? If not, are there things you could spend time doing every day to help make you feel more confident? Healthy habits need to be done regularly (daily if possible) and for a minimum of 21-30 days. You deserve to feel good - so try to invest as much time as possible into looking after yourself!
Now, here are the things I plan to do differently:
- I am going to find a new meditation as I need ensure I don’t get too complacent, especially now I am really familiar with the guided meditation I found last week (I will link whichever one I choose in tomorrow’s blog).
- I plan to practice EFT more throughout the day. I have this great tool called finger tapping (gently tapping on your finger’s meridian points to release negative feelings as they come up). I am going to use this more throughout the day, whenever I catch myself feeling low or thinking negatively about my body or my appearance.
- I am going to start a new playlist of helpful thoughts on the HappiMe app relating to body confidence.
I would say that’s a pretty good reflection!
I feel that this week is about turning the volume up even louder of my negative thought processes, so I can keep replacing them with more helpful thoughts (hence the use of a playlist on the app). It’s basically an extension of the mirror work I did last week - but creating a playlist of helpful statements means I can listen to them throughout the day.
We have anywhere between 30-60,000 thoughts per day, so simply being positive a couple of times in the mirror is not going to make a huge amount of difference, even if only half of those thoughts were negative. Various studies suggest that listening to repeated helpful statements throughout the day (even if you’re doing other things) means that you are targeting your subconscious mind, which is far more powerful than your conscious mind (the part that thinks and acts) when it comes to making long-term changes. I vow to aim for 2 hours of listening throughout the day - and you can check up on me by downloading the HappiMe app and checking my progress on the leaderboard!
Overall, I am pleased with my progress so far. This much improvement in the first 7 of 93 days is good odds so far!
Please stay tuned for tips on how to continually implement these tools, and how I am overcoming the obstacles that might get in my way.
Thank you for watching.
Be proud. Be you.
HappiTapping (EFT) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOVTPtQEVKA
HappiMe App (Apple) - https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/happime-for-adults/id1245097456?mt=8
HappiMe App (Android) - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.happime.adults
Insight Timer - https://insighttimer.com
“Love Your Body Better” Meditation by Louisa Tanner Munson - https://insig.ht/gm_25391
Insta, Twitter & FB:
Abby, our amazing