My Positive Mental Health Tips #MyMessageToYou
1. Communicating: Talking to friends, family, colleagues or even some of the organisations listed below could really help you to put things into perspective. It’s also a good reminder that other people are not only there for you, but may even be going through something similar.
2. Reducing Time on Social Media: Social media needs to be taken with a pinch of salt… Sometimes a small snapshot of someone’s life can affect our moods for hours afterwards! If something doesn’t make you feel good… Why keep doing it?
3. Socialising: Even if you’re quite introverted, getting yourself out there can do us so much good. Not only is it a confidence booster, it is also a reminder that you are not alone.
4. Exercising: Taking a new class, going for a walk, learning a new dance or work-out circuit on YouTube can be really good for improving both your physical and mental health! Don’t believe me? Give it a go and find out for yourself!
5. Meditating: Life is busy. Meditation is a lovely, relaxing, holistic way of creating space and balance in your life. Just allowing your thoughts to come and go, as oppose to focusing on them constantly gives your brain a much-needed break. There are many other proven mental health benefits too!
6. Learning & Practicing EFT: EFT really changed my life. Follow this link to find out more: https://youtu.be/2JCQ2VqfpO8
Whether you are struggling with your confidence, a trauma, your identity, a friendship, your sexuality… Or even if you don’t even know why you’re feeling this way, but you know you don’t feel “good”, then please find a way to talk to someone. If you aren’t ready to open up to someone who knows you (they might surprise you!) then there are trusted organisations around for you, 24-7:
The Samaritans - 116 123 (UK) / 116 123 (ROI)
Childline – 0800 11 11
Kooth – www.kooth.com
Mind – 0300 123 3393
You can also send us a message if you would just like a little bit of advice!
You are not alone.
Thank you for watching.
Oh, and don’t forget to subscribe and hit that bell!!
Be proud. Be you.